1. GA's former SOS Cox apparently told NPR today there were no EVMs w/ PAPER AUDIT TRAIL when GA chose Diebold PAPERLESS in 02. That's false
2. But there were TWO vendors that had EVMs w/ PAPER audit trails in 2001 (GA chose Diebold PAPERLESS EVMs in 02) https://voterga.org/history/
3. This source states that TruVote's EVM w/ a PAPER AUDIT TRAIL was demonstrated in ATLANTA GA in Nov. 2001! http://www.apfn.net/messageboard/03-21-04/discussion.cgi.3.html …
4. GA chose Diebold's PAPERLESS EVMs. Diebold was previously called "Global" and was founded by 3 CRIMINALS http://freepress.org/article/felons-fingers-us-vote-mail-system … …
5. Global hired CONVICTED FELON Dean (23 counts embezzlement involving COMPUTER tampering) in 2000. https://people.csail.mit.edu/rivest/voting/press/2004-04%20Vanity%20Fair%20-%20Hack%20The%20Vote.pdf …
6. Global's lobbyist in DC was J. Abramoff. http://www.gregpalast.com/its-magic/
7. Abramoff would later go to prison for corruption & bribery. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/05/washington/05abramoff.html
8. Diebold lobbyist Abramoff was also known as "Casino Jack" bc he owned a fleet of casino boats off of FLA. http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/77951-man-who-blew-the-whistle-on-abramoff-tells-his-story
The man who blew the whistle on Jack Abramoff tells the story of how
He was instrumental in shining the light on one of Washington’s biggest scandals. He made Jack Abramoff a household name. But few know who he is.http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/77951-man-who-blew-the-whistle-on-abramoff-tells-his-story
9. Prior owner of Abramoff's casino boats was murdered; 2 of men charged were consultants hired by Abramoff partner http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/27/AR2005092700980.html
10. Editor of Wash. newsletter worried that Abramoff (who wanted to work for Russia) wld become a Russian agent. http://www.truth-out.org/archive/item/60949-abramoff-ties-to-russians-probed%20%E2%80%A6
11. Owner of TruVote, which developed EVMs w/ PAPER audit trail & criticized Diebold was run off the road & killed. http://www.rense.com/general50/acci.htm
12. Thank you to @Irishlassis for telling me about Cox's NPR interview today!
13. BTW, absent a forensic audit, there is no way to know if paperless EVMs like Diebold's have been rigged. https://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/11/29/security-experts-back-jill-steins-demand-manual-recount … …
14. Abramoff did have a connection to Georgia: his longtime friend Ralph Reed was Chairman of the GA Repub party. https://www.gq.com/story/ralph-reed-gop-lobbyist-jack-abramoff
15. Reed firm rec'd $$$$$ to help Abramoff double cross his Indian gaming clients (Reed says he didn't know)
16. Reed once wrote to Abramoff “I need to start humping in corporate accounts! I’m counting on you to help me..” https://www.gq.com/story/ralph-reed-gop-lobbyist-jack-abramoff
17. Rove, Reed, & Abramoff were in “College Republicans,” which likens politics 2 a "knife fight" w/ "no rules"
18. Georgia's Ralph Reed once likened his approach to "guerilla warfare." http://articles.latimes.com/1995-05-01/news/ls-61050_1_christian-coalition
19. Reed likely would have known former GA Secty of State Lewis Massey from political circles.
20. Diebold had Abramoff lobbying in DC, but hired former GA Secty State Lewis Massey to lobby in GA.
21. Massey, a “conservative democrat,” had once managed one of the most heavily fined campaigns in Georgia history.
22. During that campaign, Massey “received a $14k campaign-paid car that was the subject of ethics allegations.”
23. In May 2002, Cox announced that Diebold had won the $54M contract to supply more than 19k paperless EVMs to GA http://gareport.com/story/2002/05/03/diebold-wins-election-machines-contract/
24. Altho GA law at the time reqd EVMs to have “an independent audit trail,” GA chose Diebold paperless EVMs. https://voterga.org/history/
25. Cox bizarrely claimed that a voting machine “paper trail will create more opportunity for fraud, not less.” http://www.creativeloafing.com/home/article/13010935/high-tech-train-wreck
26. Altho Cox was a Dem, GOP liked her enuf to try to get her to run on a Repub ticket in 06 (though she declined). http://onlineathens.com/stories/122804/opi_20041228012.shtml
28. GA Diebold lobbyist Massey joined a Repub dominated lobbying firm in 12/03 (not long after the Diebold deal). https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2003/09/29/daily22.html
29. Massey’s new lobbying partners included two members of (R) Sonny Perdue’s transition team. http://www.b2gsouth.com/about/our-people/
30. Confederate flag waver Perdue had defied polls 2 become Ga's 1st (R) govnr in 130 yrs http://landmarkcommunications.net/when-georgia-secretary-of-state-brian-kemp-first-ran-for-office-democrats-ran-the-show/ http://old.chronicle.augusta.com/election/02/results/
31. Polls on the eve of the 02 election showed Barnes (Perdue opponent) LEADING by 9-11 points, but he LOST by 5. http://www.populist.com/03.20.dispatches.html
32. Massey’s professional profile doesn't mention his lobbying work 4 Diebold (or anyone else) in 2002. https://www.linkedin.com/in/lewis-massey-55238329/
Lewis Massey - Partner - Massey, Watson & Hembree LLC - now Impact Public Affairs LLC | LinkedIn
View Lewis Massey’s profile on LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional community. Lewis has 5 jobs listed on their profile. See the complete profile on LinkedIn and discover Lewis’ connections and...https://www.linkedin.com/in/lewis-massey-55238329/
33. I'm working on a longer/better Georgia thread, but wanted to get this out in the meantime bc of Cox's interview today on NPR.