Love this celebration of Carol's history through her costumes in the cover for #CaptainMarvel #30. Great work by @MChecC! Let's look at what each of these represents in Carol's life...
2. Her first costume as Ms. Marvel! This costume, debuting in Ms. Marvel #1 in 1977 persisted for most of her original run, until 1978's issue #19; except for that bare stomach, which dissapeared in the middle of it, in issue #9, still in 1977.
3. In Ms. Marvel #20, Carol debuts what'd become her defining look (despite several changes in the middle) until 2012, when she became Captain Marvel. She wore this from 1978 to 1980, then again (but as Warbird) from 1998 to 2003, and THEN back as Ms. Marvel from 2005 to 2012.
4. After a ton of sad stuff, Carol leaves the Avengers and pals around with the X-Men. During an off-world adventure, she becomes the cosmic Binary, with an all-new look that she would have from 1982 to 1996. She still "goes Binary" sometimes, but without the costume.
5. Back on Earth Carol chooses the name Warbird in 1998, as I said, with her iconic Ms. Marvel look. But for her last few years as Warbird, from 2003 to 2005, she had a new uniform. It's not a well known look, though elements of it later inspired her 2nd Captain Marvel costume.
6. After that, she went back to her Ms. Marvel look and name for a few years, until 2012, when she got her most iconic and well known look and moniker yet: Captain Marvel. The original design was by @McKelvie, who's also participating this issue!
7. The Captain Marvel costume was slightly altered by @kristaferanka for her post-Secret Wars 2016 series, and that's the main look she's sported ever since, except she's got long hair again now.
8. This dark look is from @79SemiFinalist & @LeeGarbett 's recent, appropriately named "Dark Avenger" storyline from 2019-2020. If you wanna know what this is all about... read it! You won't be disappointed.
9. Finally there's this look, which I admit this had me perplexed. It's not from any "canon" Carol appearance, but I think it may be a variation on the future-Carol in @tomtaylormade & @ramonrosanas's final arc in All-New Wolverine? Maybe? Nothing else comes to mind.
So that's it! What do you think? Do you like Carol's new 'sorcerer's apprentice' costume for this new arc, at the forefront of the cover? Which is your favorite costume in her long history? Do tell!