Mr. O'Toole is clearly ignorant of the fact that the federal carbon levy is 100% returned to the provinces in which those revenues were collected, with 90% going *directly* to individuals and households and the other 10% to small business and institutions. /2 #cdnpoli
2/ Eighty percent of recipients of the fully refundable tax-credit have their carbon levy costs fully recompensed; many are in "profit". The other 20% - who presumably have large carbon footprints - have their extra costs subsidized by the tax-credit.
As an Ontarian, he should be aware of this. My mother, who lives in his district, received the fully refundable incentive rebate. Considering her carbon footprint (no car, one apartment residence), she was likely well ahead of the game.
You can follow @DianeMariePosts.
Tip: mention @twtextapp on a Twitter thread with the keyword “unroll” to get a link to it.

Latest Threads Unrolled: