1. Could @realDonaldTrump
aka Enhanced Counter-narcotics Operations in West Caribbean and Eastern Pacific really be a defensive position against #China
? Was the #chinavirus
really foreplay or an act of war? @Marfoogle
4. Many theorize #coronavirus
as a #BioWeapon
and even argue over who made it. If it was "designed," who did it, and who has the antidote?
6. Then, after self infliction, self healing and at a time when the rest of the world, or more namely, your adversarial superpower is at its weakest, you strike. Is now the time for China to move against the US?
7. Apparently China seizes #Covid19
advantage in South China Sea. China ramps up military drills and energy exploitation in contested waterway while US military bogged down in #coronavirus
crisis at home. https://asiatimes.com/2020/04/china-seizes-covid-19-advantage-in-south-china-sea/
8. The #SouthChinaSea
carries tremendous strategic importance; 1/3 of the world's shipping passes (<$3 trillion in trade a year), lucrative crucial fisheries and huge oil and gas reserves are believed to lie beneath its seabed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_China_Sea
9. What else compares to the #SouthChinaSea
? How about the Panama Canal? 66% of all cargo flowing through the Panama Canal originates in the US. Our Military might is dependent on the Panama Canal. https://www.pancanal.com/eng/op/transit-stats/2019/Table-10.pdf
10. Quick #History
lesson. President Theodore Roosevelt built our canal. And Jimmy Carter in 1977 gave ownership and control of the US built canal to the country of Panama effective in 2000. https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/carter-agrees-to-transfer-panama-canal-to-panama
11. China has infiltrated (our Panama Canal) like a virus. It all began with a letter sent to the Chinese government that, according to Isabel Saint Malo, Panama's vice president, was titled "Panama wants to make ties with China". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China–Panama_relations
12. Xi Jinping said in the meeting with Varela that "The Chinese Communist Party helped Panama become fully independent from the US! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China–Panama_relations
13. Varela’s decision to end diplomatic relations with Taiwan in favor of Beijing, created a tidal wave of Chinese investment, major infrastructure projects and a free trade agreement. https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/05/07/the-panama-canal-could-become-the-center-of-the-u-s-china-trade-war/
14. China plans to be the dominant world power by 2049, the 100th anniversary of the Communist revolution, according to the book "The Hundred Year Marathon." If China meets the target, its economy will be triple America's. https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/05/what-china-wants/528561/
15. So I ask you, if China uses this moment of weakness (whether by their own design or happenstance) to dominate the #SouthChinaSea
would they also flip the switch on the Panama Canal?
16. No one believes the Enhanced Counter-narcotics Operations is about #cartels
. Look closely at the movement/positioning. We are protecting the Panama Canal. @realDonaldTrump
won't come out and say it, but it's obvious. Is a #war
on the horizon @Marfoogle
Tip: mention @twtextapp on a Twitter thread with the keyword “unroll” to get a link to it.