1. SBP has released its annual report. Statistics confirm a continuing economic downturn. Our GDP growth went from 5.5% in 17/18 (PMLN’s last year) to 1.9% in 18/19 and -0.4%
1. Petroleum Division (PD) has issued very political and misleading tweets in reaction to my earlier tweets. Before that too the Energy Ministry had issued a factually incorrect press release
1. A 5 million dollar question is why is Ali Zaidi the Ports minister tweeting about LNG terminals which are the responsibility of the Petroleum ministry. Of course in character
1. There is now considerable load shedding across Pakistan and particularly acute shortage of power and gas in Karachi. And gas shortage will only increase all over Pakistan as the
1. Karachi has been ruled by PPP for the last 12 years, the first 5 of which were in coalition with MQM. Before that MQM ruled Karachi for 9 years.
A thread on the sugar price hike. All facts taken from the recent report. Production in Pak declined from 6.6 million tons in 2017/18 (PLMN’s last year) to only 5.2